On 17 March 2022, ALFI responded to IOSCO’s consultation on measures to address risks arising from digitalisation of retail marketing and distribution providing feedbacks on the measures proposed.
The IOSCO proposed policy toolkit measures related to:
- Firm level rules for online marketing and distribution;
- Firm level rules for online onboarding;
- Responsibility for online marketing;
- Capacity for surveillance and supervision of online marketing and distribution;
- Staff qualification and/or licensing requirements for online marketing;
- Ensuring compliance with third country regulations; and
- Clarity about legal entities using internet domains.
The IOSCO proposed enforcement toolkit measures related to:
- Proactive technology-based detection and investigatory techniques;
- Powers to promptly take action where websites are used to conduct illegal securities and derivatives activity and other powers effective in curbing online misconduct;
- Increasing efficient international cooperation and liaising with criminal authorities and other local and foreign partners;
- Promoting enhanced understanding by and collaboration with providers of electronic
- intermediary services with regard to digital illegal activities; and
- Additional efforts to address regulatory and supervisory arbitrage
View the Aresponse.