Luxembourg’s workforce is not only multicultural, multilingual and internationally diverse, but also highly qualified. Even though Luxembourg manages to attract significant numbers of highly skilled workers from the European Union and beyond, the sheer needs of the industry, the increasing complexity of the asset management industry or new challenges such as the sustainable finance agenda result in a never-ending search for talent. Adequate and continuous training initiatives, upskilling of the existing workforce are critical for the future of our industry. Professionals have to follow a complex regulatory agenda which generates a constant need to update and strengthen skills on a daily basis. ALFI works closely with several training institutions in Luxembourg to ensure the best courses are available to both students and professionals in finance and specifically investment funds.
Some of the most recent initiatives include:
- Ongoing interaction with the University of Luxembourg on several programmes such as the newly created Certificate in Sustainable Finance Certificate and the master programme MSc in Finance and Economics in order to align these programmes with the needs of the financial sector;
- Collaboration with ECG (School of Business Management) to contribute to develop a dedicated advanced technician certificate designed for the various sectors of the financial industry;
- Collaboration with the Association Jonk Entrepeneuren Luxembourg in the program “Fit for Life” with the aim to provide secondary school students with practical information on basic economics.
- Long-standing and ongoing partnership with House of Training to provide technical courses on topics relevant to the asset management and fund industry;
- Participation in initiatives of Luxembourg for Finance to attract talent to Luxembourg, including job fairs;
- Presentations delivered to foreign university students about the investment fund sector and opportunities to work in the financial industry.
- Participation in the OECD National Skills Strategy in Luxembourg.