Management Company Technical Committee
A dedicated Management Company Technical Committee, which is open to all members, with more than 200 leading industry experts has been formed. This Committee has a clear focus on working with representatives of Management Companies established in Luxembourg including branches as well as those in cross-border jurisdictions that passport into Luxembourg.
The Management Company Technical Committee addresses among its various working groups the following topics:
- Acts as forum of discussion for management companies to exchange ideas, concerns and best practices;
- Establishes guidelines, best practices and fosters the integrity of the market;
- Creates a standard set of recognised market definitions;
- Defines core roles and responsibilities between the various actors (e.g., fund boards, Management Company boards, Conducting Officers and interactions with other stakeholders) considering both UCITS and AIFs;
- Agrees and defines core cross border activities;
- Communicates with key industry bodies and stakeholders;
- Provides guidance and establish best practices on oversight of delegates;
- Establishes guidelines in relation to regulatory reviews (e.g. onsite visits, cross border enquiries) and monitor regulatory practices;
- Addresses ad-hoc topics raised by the members.