The Association of the Luxembourg Fund Industry (ALFI) today publishes its statistics as at 31 March 2015.
- Luxembourg retains its position as the leading European domicile with EUR 3,524.79bn of net assets under management, growing 3.55% in the month ending 31 March 2015 and 13.89% so far in 2015
- At EUR 49.92bn, net sales in March were the highest of all times
- Net assets managed by investment funds under Luxembourg law grew by 30.10% in the past 12 months
- The number of investment funds (legal entities) is 3,888 as at 31 March 2015
- Germany remains the main initiator of funds domiciled in Luxembourg (2,812 in total), with Switzerland coming second (2,585 in total). However, funds initiated in the US and the UK have the most net assets under management (EUR 790,580m from the US, EUR 579,799m from the UK)
Marc Saluzzi, Chairman of ALFI, comments: “The low interest rate environment is obviously a decisive factor in the sustained growth of assets under management by the investment fund industry”.
He adds: “The exceptionally high net sales that we are registering in Luxembourg are the best proof of the continuous confidence of the international investor in the Luxembourg investment fund product. Equally, the diversified geographical origin of fund promoters in Luxembourg demonstrates that our fund centre remains the domicile of choice for the international asset management community.”